Saturday, May 3, 2008

She's 10


This is going to sound weird but I dread the day of her wedding. I will traditionally have to "give her away" as the dad of the bride. I don't know if I will be able to walk that aisle with her. I cannot imagine who would be worthy of her. But I can't wait to see whom she says yes to because he will be one lucky dude. Anna Leigh turned 10 on April 30. We did our annual birthday camping trip to Hunting Island Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Had a great time and it went by too fast and so has ten years. I can't believe ten years have passed since she came into our lives. I remember when she was born and I was completely speechless...being privileged to witness a miracle and feeling an instant connection with a human being; indescribable. I can tell you that I do not deserve to have such a special gift in my life. Everyone who knows me knows I am an ogre. In her ten years she has developed into quite a person. She loves the Lord, loves her friends and has a natural beauty that permeates to her core. She has always been that way; it is how God created her. Leah and I tell her as much as possible that God created her just the way he wants her and to take confidence that she is the daughter of the King, a masterpiece of the Creator.
Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.



No comments: