Tuesday, May 13, 2008

U-Turn

The 2nd tuesday night of the month is U-Turn night for me at Calvary Chapel of Lexington. My brother, who went through the U-Turn ministry, got me involved with leading Bible studies for the men. The men live on the "ranch" at the church and are there because their lives have been destroyed by and controlled for too long by alcohol and drugs and are ready to put their trust in Christ. They have 4 bible studies a day so teachers are in demand. I am always struck by the humility and sincerety of these men. I have rarely seen people this eager to learn and open to the Truth. Their eagerness to change is evident. It never takes more than a couple of seconds for one of them to volunteer to answer a tough question, read a passage of scripture or even to pray. And they truly appreciate the teachers that come out. I never leave without each and everyone of them going out of their way to shake my hand, hug me or even pray for me.

No comments: