Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Money, Money, Money

After getting a replacement spoke at Harrells installed (bent then later broke because of this), Dennis and I went to Harbison and rode the sport loop. We started out strong but ran out of steam and went to more of a casual pace, probably due to pushing the big ring all of the time. I have been big-ringing it for several rides now because the middle ring I ordered has not arrived.

I am still chasing down problems resulting from the mishap. Running a new chain on the old chain ring was causing a lot of chain suck. It is also causing my checking account some additional suck. I figured the chainring would need to be changed but after spending $90 on the new cassette, $15 on the derailleur hanger, $15 on a new cable and $30 on the chain, was trying to save a few dollars and not replace it. Leah has now designated my bike as a money pit. Anyway, 19.5 miles/11.4 average.

1 comment:

hammernails said...

Money pit is right just ask my wife. But hey it is a lot better than the things other men do as hobbies. Just a little tid bit for the future, when I replace my chain. I replace the cassett and the middle ring also. But I also run my chains a little longer than most people. Giving the whole drive train extra punishment.