Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wednesday Ride

I arrived at Harbison State Forest right at 6:31 due to some nasty traffic coming out of Cola town. Jim returned from last week but announced that he almost sliced his finger off with his wheel and needed a band-aid. My first thought was, "maybe a band-aid is insufficient", but after looking at the small amount of blood, he looked like he'd survive. He said a ride was not happening for him. That left Monty and I so we entered the forest at about 6:40 pm. Immediatley I started noticing clunking noises from my rear triangle area. We stopped about a mile in and I tried to figure out what was making the noise. Nothing seemed loose although the Giant Maestro suspension has around 6 pivot points and 12 bearings...all of which I expect to loosen up one day. I couldn't figure out what could be making the noise so we commenced with the ride. Chris joined in at this point. We hit Lost Creek and had a very aggressive pace. Monty and Chris pushed and I tried to stay out front. They were both riding strong and I suggested that one of them lead out. We finished Lost Creek in 35 miuntes which is a strong pace for me.

The remainder of the ride was outer loop minus spiderwoman. Average speed was 12.2 and about 15 miles. Short but sweet.

No comments: