Monday, September 22, 2008

Saturday Morning Ride

Well, it really stinks always bringing up the rear but Saturday was no different.

Jim – must be drinking some of natures recovery drink lately. You have really stepped it up since the last time we rode. Setting a 12.3ish pace through inner woman…

Dennis – Energy level reminded me of the squirrel in “Over the Hedge.” Then I found out he drank several Red Bulls before the ride.

Monty – was Monty. Wish I could say the single speed slowed him down...

I had a good time and it was great to get out in the cooler morning air. I think I actually saw a few leaves floating down from above. Sorry I bailed before Lost Creek, but it just wasn’t my day. No excuses.

5 comments:

hammernails said...

Good to see you again Tom.
Yep! I had a good chuckle with Nature's Own Recovery Drink, that still makes me LOL. It's one of those things that will always be remembered. Maybe I will see you guys again in about three weeks out at HSF.

hammernails said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

Good luck with the foot races. We'll see you soon.

Jim said...

Glad you were able to make it for sure. Not sure how much Ive stepped it up it just happened to be a smokin energy level day and the boost of having company for a group ride just brought out a case of hammer fever. Go figure, I think that was the most hammer I ever mustered in one ride :) Hope we can do it again soon.

Jim said...

whoa, just noticed you graciously bumped me up a mile per hour. As much as I would of liked to say that was the case my average was just 11.3. I'll be in hog heaven if I could hit a 12 :)